Nowadays there are so many online photo editor solutions presented at the market. Editing pictures before uploading them to the Internet is essential. Processing complements photographs and also helps highlight key subjects in images, transforming an ordinary frame into a work of art.
But for most people, the important question remains: how to choose software from the myriad of options and what are the reasons to use photo editing tools. Let’s try to answer these questions.
Overview of the best photo editor online
Photoshop Express is an excellent online editor for desktops and mobiles that offers a wide set of features that you are expecting from a decent photo editing tool. It has a user-friendly interface with all the necessary things within your reach. It has a great automatic photo fix function; a convenient simulator for those who want to learn how to work in professional Photoshop. Photoshop Express can edit every image uploaded to the system. The tools, although not up to the offline version of Photoshop, are powerful enough. They allow you to correct the color balance of photos, rotate and crop the picture, change the brightness, contrast, sharpness of the image, add distortion, and change the color scheme.
Photoshop Express Pros and Cons:
- set of advanced filters;
- stylish design.
- not all the formats are supported;
- not as powerful as Photoshop.
Polarr is a popular free online photo editor. It is a very useful application with a wide range of features available to suit the needs of both beginners and experienced photography enthusiasts. The app offers quality image editing tools, including adjusting color temperature, exposure, contrast, shadows and highlights, brightness, HSL channels, curves, vignetting. It also allows you to add signatures and watermarks to your photos. What is important is that Polarr allows you to process in detail both the entire image and its individual sections. And if something doesn't work out, you can always go back any number of steps.
Polarr Pros and Cons:
- advanced editing tool;
- special tools for working with selfies.
- Polarr is geared towards more experienced and demanding users, so be prepared to spend some time getting to grips with the editor's interface.
GIMP is a photo editor online that combines all the necessary functions for both a professional user and a beginner. Supports popular formats jpeg, bmp, mng, pdf, png, psd, tiff, xpm, gif. GIMP can offer the user many tools and functions, including retouching, cloning, working with layers and various filters, and a built-in file manager. The GIMP interface is very similar to that of Photoshop, so if you have experience with Adobe's editor, you will be able to master this service quickly enough.
GIMP Pros and Cons:
- removing unnecessary objects;
- collage and poster creation;
- working with masks and layers;
- adjust brightness, contrast, color balance.
- some features are less intuitive than others;
- The interface is a bit uncomfortable and confusing.
Fotor does not claim to be a full-fledged photo editor, but despite this, it is one of the most popular photo editor online free solutions. The most popular among the users of this editor is the HDR (High Dynamic Range) function, which allows you to combine 3 images with different exposures into one HDR image (one of the favorite techniques of landscape photographers). Fotor is available both online and desktop. There is basic editing (crop, rotate, curves, brightness, contrast, etc.). The next category is various effects with which you can take pictures in black and white, superimpose color flashes, glare, and more. Then there is the "beauty" section, where you can retouch the portrait - remove wrinkles, line the eyes, lipstick, whiten teeth, and much more.
Fotor Pros and Cons:
- convenient intuitive interface;
- basic settings for photo processing.
- the disadvantages of this application include the lack of tools and functions available in other free photo editors.
PicMonkey is an intuitive image editor online. The interface and the set of functions are very similar to Fotor, basic settings, working with a portrait, text, shapes, stickers, textures. Besides that, with PicMonkey, you can also create collages or create business cards, postcards, and social media covers from predefined templates. Previously, the basic functions of the editor were available for free, but now you can save the work only after subscribing. But the developers offer a seven-day trial period that you don't have to pay for.
PicMonkey Pros and Cons:
- intuitive interface;
- great settings functionality.
- registration even for the trial version is required;
- results can be saved only in the paid version, or in the trial period.
Pixlr is available both as an online service and as a desktop application. In addition, for those who like to edit photos on a smartphone, there are versions for Android and IOS. Since the interface of all versions is very similar, this free online editor is the ideal solution for shooting both with a smartphone and a camera. The process of editing images in Pixlr is similar to working in Photoshop. You can add your photo to a new layer and apply dozens of available filters to it. And you can be sure that Pixlr will always deliver good results. The editor includes three free modules: Pixlr Editor, Pixlr Express, and Pixlr O-Matic. Pixlr works in a browser, which means that you can use it anytime on any PC or Mac, without having to install any software.
Pixlr Pros and Cons:
- a large set of editing tools;
- simple controls;
- you can choose an editor for "beginners".
- increases photo weight.
BeFunky is an online photo editor designed to edit and correct your photos with the ability to apply many high-quality effects and filters. In addition, the editor has the ability to add text and clip art to your images, as well as a large number of different frames. BeFunky web application has many useful features to help you create artistic photos and funny family collages from your pictures. Besides that, it is possible to pre-resize photos for social networks such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Add to this the convenient and intuitive interface, the absence of the need to download and install anything on your computer, and you will understand that this service is able to outperform many desktop graphic editors.
BeFunky Pros and Cons:
- an astronomical number of beautiful elements that will improve the quality of the photo;
- an intuitive interface;
- ability to make collages.
- some effects need to be purchased.
Canva is a great editor online with ready-made templates. There are 34 styles available in the app, each of which is adapted for different social networks, for example, post for Instagram, background for Facebook, Pinterest graphics, a thumbnail for YouTube, etc. In addition to website formats, Canva has universal templates for business cards, postcards, ads, bookmarks, and more others. The web service itself is free and accessible through any browser - but it has in-app purchases and an advanced Pro plan that gives you access to advanced features (designs created on a computer are synchronized between the application and the site).
Canva Pros and Cons:
- works very fast;
- simple interface.
- little functionality;
- no filter correction option.
What is online picture editor software for?
Everyone at home has tons of photos of some memorable moments in life. And them among all, there is at least one that has a defect such as poor lighting, dull colors, the well-known red-eye effect, and so on. The list of such kind of defects can be continued. Such defects have spoiled more than one photo, and after that, they could be thrown away. But that all changed with the advent of photo editing software.
With their help, even the most hopeless photographs can be saved. Using their functions, it became possible to change red eyes to natural colors, as well as to illuminate dark areas of photographs and vice versa. With their help, your photos will become much more colorful and juicy, like those moments of life that are recorded in them.
All of photo editor online solutions are characterized by several characteristics:
What is online picture editor software for?
- number of formats supported;
- ease of use of the interface;
- the number of possible superimposed effects;
- the presence of additional tools in the arsenal;
- the ability to work with mobile devices.
With the help of online pic editor programs, you can perform all these actions not only with photos but also with pictures of different formats. With the help of modern programs, editing can be done not only by a professionally trained person but also by a simple amateur. With photo editing software you can change the size and quality of the image the way you want it.
What are the main reasons to use an image editor online solution?
An online photo editor is a handy photo editing tool. It has a number of advantages over offline programs.
- The online editor does not impose requirements on the capacity of your computer, because all photo editing processes take place on remote servers.
- Ease of use. You do not need to take courses to use the program. You need to understand the basic principles, practice a little and you can create more and more beautiful pictures.
- Great functionality. Modern photo editor online solutions provide a wide range of settings (drawing tools, filters, color correction, and so on).
- 24/7 access to online photo editors.
- Free to use.
Who needs an online photo editor?
- Blogger. Especially for a traveling blogger who works from different devices. A blogger can use filters and effects to create engaging photo content.
- Webmaster. Using picture editor online, you can change the background and other images that are used in the design of the site.
- Editor / content manager. Good photos are the key to attracting attention to articles.
- Photographers, designers. Anyone who makes money with photos.
- Marketer. To create promotional images.
Many photographers-beginners and not only, out of fear of the retouching process, hide behind the opinion that the perfect photo is created without any photo editor. The second most common newbie excuse is "The only editor that should be retouching photos is Photoshop and nothing else." Amateurs who adhere to this point of view do not even know how much they are mistaken. In addition, the amateur photographer is unlikely to spend as much time working in Photoshop as a professional, so the result will be appropriate. This, of course, does not mean that constant practice will sooner or later make it possible to edit photos no worse than professional retouchers. While no image editor can turn a photo with composition flaws into a masterpiece, it can take a well-composed and well-lit image to a whole new level. That's why we have prepared a quick review of the best online photo editor software.
Various image editors are used to working with photos. There are a lot of free online editor solutions as well as programs that cost several hundred dollars. Each of them is endowed with different functionality and is available for users with different levels of training, beginners, advanced users, and professional editors. Hope this article was interesting for you and you found something useful in it.
Online Photo Editor: Frequently Asked Questions
Photo editor is a program that has in its arsenal a set of tools for changing photos, as well as pictures of various formats.
Processing (or post-processing) is the actions that are performed with ready-made images in graphic editors.
- Do not try to imitate the style of others. Yes, it may work well at times, but their style may not suit your paintings.
- Do not try to save bad shots with processing.
- Make sure that the processing does not change the essence of your original image. As you know, enough is as good as a feast.
- Having the advanced editing software available today, don't let it replace the art of photography.
- If you first imagine the picture you want to achieve before you start processing the image, you can reduce processing time.
- Render the picture before you open an online picture editor.
- Taking a photo is only half the battle and the next step is to present the image with renewed vigor and depth through processing.
- Be creative. Processing itself is an art that cannot be copied. Of course, you should familiarize yourself with image editor online tools as well as Photoshop and learn how to use editing programs. But the artist must awaken in you so that you can begin to use these tools for a specific purpose.